Nurturing the potential of every child and teen
- NAEYC Accredited Daycare: For children 1 month to pre-kindergarten. Full-day and half-day care is available with a two-day minimum requirement. The Y’s childcare is accreditation through the National Association of the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) . The prestigious NAEYC designation is a national voluntary accreditation system that sets high standards for early childhood education programs with defined curriculum guidelines. Participants receive a FREE youth membership. Contact Childcare Director Laurie Vanuni at 413-499-7650 x27.
Sponsored in part by Berkshire United Way
- Licensed Elementary Before- and After-school Care: Our before- and after-school program is from 6:30-9 a.m. and 3-6 p.m. at the Y downtown location and from 7-9 a.m. and 3-6 p.m. at our satellite schools: Crosby, Allendale, Egremont, and Williams. The Y also offers after-school care at Richmond Consolidated School. Children receive a nutritious afternoon snack, homework assistance, outdoors and gym activities, arts and crafts projects, group initiative games, as well as many other enriching activities. All sports and fitness activities are based on the SPARK program with defined fitness curriculum. Participants receive a FREE youth membership to the Y. Contact School-Age Director Earl Persip III at 413-499-7650 x37. For more information, click here.
- Reid & Herberg Middle School After-school Care: This program aims to provide a fun, healthy and safe active program for students. The program includes a healthy snack, homework assistance and sports and fitness activities such as speedball, tennis, baseball, hockey, basketball, soccer, dance, football, whiffleball, hiking, and dodgeball. All sports and fitness activities are based on the SPARK program. Sponsored by the Carol M. White PEP grant awarded to the Pittsfield Public Schools through the Department of Education, the program runs Monday through Friday from 2:30-5:30 p.m. on all full school days through June 2012. Cost: $7/week or $2/day. To register, visit the Welcome Center. Contact Youth & Adult Program Director Michelle Kettler at 413-499-7650 x33.
Education & Leadership
- Pittsfield Youth Commission: The Y partners with the Pittsfield Youth Commission to provide participating students with a free Y membership.
Swim, Sports & Play
- Group Swim Lessons: Sessions run for 7 weeks and are 1/2-hour lessons weekly. Lessons are open for children 6 months to 12 years old. Registrations are rotational.
- Private Swim Lessons: Sessions to be determined. Members: $40/hour. Non-members: $65/hour.
- Polar Bears Swim Team: Led by co-coaches Teisha Twomey and Tim Grace, swim team practices are scheduled according to age and ability. All swim team participants MUST be Y members. Several age-based swim team groups are available with different fee structures.
- Sports Leagues: Our basketball, indoor soccer, outdoor soccer and baseball leagues are open to all boys and girls. The Y also offers the Saints Football League. Cost: Varies.
- Gymnastics, Breakdancing: Our rotational programs are available throughout the year. Y members receive discounts.
- Horseback Riding: Y members receive discounts at Blythewood Stables. Try-and-Ride lessons are $25 for Y members. Y members also receive a $5 discount off all $40 lessons.
- Camp Sumner: Summer day camp at Berkshire Community College.
- Specialty Camps: Leaders-in-Training and Junior Golf Camps at Berkshire Community College.