Improving the nation’s health and well-being
- Family Swim Time: Children and parents can swim together in Central Berkshire County’s largest indoor swimming pool (25 meters, 6 lanes). See our pool schedule for times.
- Healthy Kids Day: An annual day of family fun for youth and their parents. Held at the Pittsfield Family YMCA, activities include gymnastics, pool and more! April 2015.
Health, Well-Being & Fitness
- Classes for Adults: Zumba, Zumba Gold, Yoga, Cardio Kickboxing, Core & More, Indoor Cycle, Aquafit, Deep Water Circuit Training (DWCT) and more – all included in your membership.
- Classes for Active Older Adults: SilverSneakers Classic, SilverSneakersCardio, Zumba Gold, Aquafit, Deep Water Circuit Training (DWCT) – all included in your membership.
- Adult Lap Lanes: Swim in Central Berkshire County’s largest indoor swimming pool (25 meters, 6 lanes). See our pool schedule for lap times.
- Strength-training/weight-training: State-of-the-art cardio- and strength-training equipment. Y members receive a free initial consultation to safely use the equipment. Our treadmills, bikes and ellipticals were updated in January 2012! The treadmills have a virtual reality simulation feature and iPod plugins!
- Racquetball courts: Y members can reserve one of our 3 racquetball courts.
- Basketball court/gym: See our basketball court schedule.
- Boxing Training Room: Our Boxing Training Room is equipped with a heavy bag and speed bag. Check out the speed bag at the Welcome Center.
- Personal Training: For information, contact Youth & Adult Program Director at 413-499-7650 x33.
- Private Swim Lessons: Members: $40/hour. Non-members: $65/hour. For information, contact Aquatics at 413-499-7650 x27.
- First Aid/CPR: Learn how to recognize an emergency and what to do to help others or even yourself. American Red Cross certification awarded upon completed course and skills. Contact Aquatics at 413-499-7650 x27.
- Men’s Health Center: Gain direct access to the pool deck. Enjoy the steam room. Members of the Health Center have their own locker and a few extras. Must be a Y member. Visit the Welcome Center for details.
- Lifeguard Training Certification and Recertification: Learn to be a lifeguard or renew your certification to continue to be a lifeguard! The class includes American Red Cross Pool & Waterfront lifeguarding, first aid and Pro-CPR/AED certifications. Participants must be at least 15 years old and proficient swimmers. Contact Aquatics at 413-499-7650 x27.
- Silver Sneakers: Ask your health insurance company if it participates in this program for active older adults.
Sports & Recreation
- Men’s Basketball: Join our men’s basketball group Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:30-9 a.m.
- Kayak Play: Learn to kayak in the safety and warmth of the Y’s indoor pool. Contact Aquatics at 413-499-7650 x27.