Improving the nation’s health and well-being
- Family Swim Time: Children and parents can swim together in Central Berkshire County’s largest indoor swimming pool (25 meters, 6 lanes). See our pool schedule for times.
Health, Well-Being & Fitness
- Classes for Adults: Zumba, Zumba Gold, Yoga, Cardio Kickboxing, Core & More, Indoor Cycle, Bootcamp, Aquafit, Deep Water Circuit Training (DWCT) and more – all included in your membership.
- Classes for Active Older Adults: Senior Strength Training, Senior Cardio Circuit, Zumba Gold, Aquafit, Deep Water Circuit Training (DWCT) – all included in your membership.
- Fit & Fab!: Fit & Fab! is an 8-week program that provides women with energizing cardiovascular workouts, effective resistance training, toning, healthy stretching, coordination and balance, as well as providing an encouraging and supportive environment. This group is for women of all fitness levels, shapes and sizes, and is led by a female personal trainer.
- Adult Lap Lanes: Swim in Central Berkshire County’s largest indoor swimming pool (25 meters, 6 lanes). See our pool schedule for lap times.
- Strength-training/weight-training: State-of-the-art cardio- and strength-training equipment. Y members receive a free initial consultation to safely use the equipment. Our treadmills, bikes and ellipticals were updated in January 2012! The treadmills have a virtual reality simulation feature and iPod plugins!
- Racquetball courts: Y members can reserve one of our 3 racquetball courts.
- Basketball court/gym: See our basketball court schedule.
- Boxing Training Room: Our Boxing Training Room was installed in January 2012 and is equipped with a heavy bag and speed bag. Check out the speed bag at the Welcome Center.
- Personal Training: For information, contact Youth & Adult Program Director Michelle Kettler at 413-499-7650 x33.
- Private Swim Lessons: Members: $40/hour. Non-members: $65/hour. For information, contact Aquatics at 413-499-7650 x11.
- First Aid/CPR: Learn how to recognize an emergency and what to do to help others or even yourself. Red Cross certification awarded upon completed course and skills. Contact Aquatics at 413-499-7650 x11.
- Men’s Health Center: Gain direct access to the pool deck. Enjoy the steam room. Members of the Health Center have their own locker and a few extras. Must be a Y member. Visit the Welcome Center for details.
- Scuba: For all ages! Classes are taught by Action Sports & Travel. All instructors are SCUBA certified. For more information on class times and fees, contact Action Sports & Travel at 413-499-7205.
- Lifeguard Training Certification and Recertification: Learn to be a lifeguard or renew your certification to continue to be a lifeguard! The class includes American Red Cross Pool & Waterfront lifeguarding, first aid and Pro-CPR/AED certifications. Participants must be at least 15 years old and proficient swimmers. Contact Aquatics at 413-499-7650 x11.
- Kayak Play: Learn to kayak in the safety and warmth of the Y’s indoor pool. Contact Aquatics at 413-499-7650 x11.
- Silver Sneakers: Ask your health insurance company if it participates in this program for active older adults.
Sports & Recreation
- Men’s Basketball: Join our men’s basketball group Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:30-9 a.m.