The 11th annual Pittsfield Family YMCA Sprint Triathlon, sponsored by Berkshire Bank is Saturday, Aug. 24! This swim, bike and run race is for the novice or elite tri-athlete. The race will be held at Burbank Park in and around the picturesque Onota Lake. The race will start and finish at the Controy Pavilion where the award ceremony will also take place. This fundraiser benefits the Pittsfield Family YMCA’s Annual Support Campaign which provides financial scholarships for memberships, childcare, summer camps, sports and more.
Looking for a match to compete in a relay? Keep reading.
Looking to volunteer? Read more below, too!
Race route and distances
- Swim: 0.5 mile on Onota Lake. For the swim route, click here.
- Bike: 14.5 miles. For the bike route, click here.
Printer Friendly Bike Map
- Run: 3.1 miles. For the run route, click here.
Printer Friendly Run Map
From Park Square in Pittsfield, head west on West Street toward McKay Street. Turn left to stay on West Street then turn right onto Valentine Road. You will then turn left onto Lakeway Drive and follow the road to the right into Burbank Park. Click here for a map to get you to Burbank Park from Park Square in Pittsfield.
- THERE ARE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATIONS.
- Day before the race, Friday, Aug. 23, 2013: Participants may pick up race packets between 5-7 p.m. at the start/finish area at Burbank Park.
- Day of the race, Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013:
- 6:30 a.m.: Registration and packet pick-up
- 7:30 a.m.: All bikes must be racked
- 7:45 a.m.: Mandatory pre-race meeting
- 8 a.m.: Race begins
- The event will be held rain or shine, although weather conditions could cancel the swim portion of the race. Please note: Wet suits are dependent on the water conditions and USAT’s last call.
- Where: Onota Lake Pavilion, Burbank Park
- A post-race award ceremony and party with food, music and raffle prizes will follow the event.
How to Register
- Go to http://www.active.com/triathlon/pittsfield-ma/pittsfield-family-ymcas-sprint-triathlon-sponsored-by-berkshire-bank-2013. Online registration closing date: Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST
- Register at the Pittsfield Family YMCA. Visit or mail your registration form to the Pittsfield Family YMCA, 292 North St., Pittsfield, MA 01201. You can also register on Friday, Aug. 23, at packet pick up from 5-7 p.m. at the start/finish area at Burbank Park.
Watch Our Videos!
- Individual awards: 1st place overall male/female: Pint Glass. Top 3 male/female in each category: Pint Glass
- Relay team awards: Top corporate team: Honorary Plaque. Top relay team in each category: Pint Glass
Relay Team Match Maker
Looking to join a team or for someone to complete your team? We can help! Please email Michelle Kettler, email@example.com and let her know if you are an INDIVIDUAL looking for a team or if you are a TEAM looking for an individual. We will try our best to connect people and complete teams! You can also look on the bulletin board in the YMCA fitness center for more information or to post your information.
Help the Y at this fundraiser and receive a T-shirt. Volunteers are needed to flag and direct racers, set up, clean up, distribute and pick up chips, do body marking, set up the race course, man the aide stations and help with the kids’ triathlon. Volunteer hours vary between 7 a.m. and noon. If interested, call 413-499-7650 x33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers must be reliable, dependable and have great customer service. Thank you!